Thursday, June 21, 2012

3 days

Three days before the wedding, this is what I'm doing:

Coffee and cake batter for breakfast...

8.5 batches of Willies cake, 7 layers, 12 hours...

Boys got $$ from Mommanam (my grandmother who is visiting from Iran) to buy themselves a gift - the cute guy in the brown uniform (it's a joke, says Matthew - 'brown like a box') brought Amazon purchases to them this afternoon...


Andrew played a great game of baseball...

Catcher...

Batting and running bases...(about to steal home?)

And pitcher...(we have quite the talented little ball player!)

This one was super excited to have his own cup...ha! Not required at his level of ball playing, but he always wants to be just like his big brother. Mom found itty bitty cups on clearance (end of season and all), so why not? It made him smile...that was worth the $5 right there - especially since the little dude was fighting off a migraine all day. :(


Whew. Never again will I make THAT much Willie's cake. It wasn't as fun as I thought it might be...then again, I wasn't counting on my little guy to be feeling so sick, nor did I think to turn the a/c on before it got to be 90 degrees in my kitchen. BUT - I think the cake is going to be edible, and might even look decent. I'll leave that up to my florist (who just informed me that her water broke...oy...fingers crossed that her backup is as talented as she is! That's definitely NOT what a bride wants to hear 3 days before her wedding!)


No comments:

Post a Comment