Sunday, July 1, 2012

Honeymoon

My darling groom booked this gorgeous home for us to spend a relaxing, peaceful weekend together at the Oregon Coast. This house was called "Seascape" - located just outside of Pacific City, next to Camp Winema. The house was on a cliff - from most places in the house, you could only see ocean - it felt as if we were on a cruise ship (without the seasickness!) The whole backside of the house was windows - even down to the huge window in the master bathroom (with a soaking tub! Have you ever soaked in a hot tub with the ocean breeze cooling the air? Heaven.)

We spent a good amount of time in this room, just resting and reading.

View from the driveway...

Comfortable couches, books and coffee...

I had to make it a little more homey...as I was picking these flowers from the front yard, a sweet little bunny scampered up the yard - it was just larger than a squirrel, dark brown with a bright white tail.

The drive into town starts out on a windy, gravel road...the scenery was unreal. Simply gorgeous.

Foxgloves and Queen Anne's Lace was blooming all over the sides of the roads for much of our drive...(my sweetie stopped to pick these for me on the drive back home)...
 

Camp Winema (just up the road from Seascape) looks amazing...like a little kid's summer paradise.

On Saturday, we took a long drive down 101 - we made it all the way down to Newport, stopping at bookstores, coffee stands and farmer's markets...it was a rainy day, perfect for a drive and some quiet time together...

We stopped on the way back up for lunch at The Inn at Spanish Head...our view was incredible...

...and I found the one and only public restroom I've ever been in that I didn't want to leave as quickly as possible...(this is a view from the stall!)...

We ended the night by getting a pizza to bake at home and renting a couple of movies...


We had to check out at 11 on Sunday. After some morning reading and showers, we packed up and headed into Pacific City to do some exploring. The weather was beautiful today, so we stopped to walk on the beach (for the first time all weekend!) This beach was stunning...I wish we'd had more time to spend walking and relaxing here...







I actually considered horseback riding on the beach before we headed home - but before I could make up my mind, there was quite a commotion. Rescue trucks, sheriffs and the fire department were roaring down the beach - lights and sirens going strong - someone had been bucked off of their horse and rolled over...ouch.

Someone left their boots behind...not cool enough to take home, but cool enough for a picture...

(I spent a fair amount of time taking pictures on this trip - thanks for being patient with me, sweetie!)


The drive home was very pleasant - we chatted some, spent some quiet time enjoying the ride and even stopped for some elk jerky (for him, not me - I was content with my marionberry scone from Grateful Bread!)

Two more things worth mentioning for memory's sake - when we were settling into the house, checking things out, a bald eagle flew right by our windows - it was breathtaking to see the size of that bird, and up so close to where we were standing! I'm pretty sure they'd nested in the trees just to the side of the house. We never did see them again.

Also, we both got a pair of new jeans at the Levi's outlet in Lincoln City - and 2 pairs of new sneakers for the boys at the Nike outlet. The jeans were a splurge for us, but we both LOVE our new blues! The boys' sneakers were a heck of a deal - 2 cool pairs of shoes for $30!?! Tell me where else you could manage that! AND - they're bonafide Nikes!

We're both still tired from the crazy wedding week, but I'm glad to have had that time to make some new memories together. Now, we're back to our 'real life' - there's a lot of laundry, weeding and thank you card writing to be done. That's okay, though - that's what we signed up for, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Life is good!


3 comments:

  1. GREAT pics!!! Me soooooo happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Did you know I spent many a summer at Camp WiNeMa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, Laura? That's crazy! I can't wait to hear stories...Mike wants to go so bad. :P I told him he had to be a good little Christian boy - too late for that (on many accounts!)

    ReplyDelete